Tuesday 3 February 2009

Mansion card...Happy birthday

This large A4 card is made using the Mansion Template and the new scene cd, I thought i would show you that if your a bit worried about making a 3d card you can still use the template.
I just used the front section of the template and added the roof and windows to the front before cutting the whole piece out in one piece,which means all you have to do is cut the windows & door out,for the rooms i used the cd a6 size and cut a piece to fit the window and hallway attaching with foam pads or silicone to give a small amount of depth. The gorgeous sunset trees landscape i cut around and simply added some ink pads to pink paper to follow along woth the sunset,the front of the house i added colour using water colour pens. The fence & flower boxes are made using sizzix die.

Nicola.xx

8 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just beautiful. I love the detail and the 3D look. It made me smile because 10 years ago when my husband and I got married he suprised me and took me to Charleston, SC - this just for some reason made me think instantly of that honeymoon. Just love your work.

Linnie said...

Fantastic Nicola I love it
linniex

julie1 said...

great card nicola..julie

rozzyb said...

You have some wonderful designs. thank you for hopping over to my blog and for your kind comments xx

Linda . J said...

Hi Linnie I just love this and the 3d effect is beautiful and the way you did the window box's would never have thought of that.
Hugs Linda

Lorraine Robertson said...

Super card honey & so much detail.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Net said...

That's a brilliant idea!

Beryl said...

That's terrific. A really lovely creation.
Beryl xx